Welcome!

Welcome to my blog about my life with Bipolar Disorder. For years I have suffered, as have my family and friends with my manic highs and extreme lows. Bipolar Disorder has caused a lot of destruction in my life, and for the first time I finally feel that the combination of therapy, medication, ECT treatments, and unwavering support from my husband, son, family and friends are really pulling me out of the darkness...but, it's been quite a journey and I've learned so much along the way. I am hoping that by sharing some of what I have been through, it might help others with their diagnosis and/or treatment.

Monday, January 11, 2010

New Doctor!

I'm off the Philippi in a few minutes for group and to meet my new Psychiatrist for the first time.  Changing doctors is always so difficult...sitting down with a complete stranger and re-telling your life story for the ump-teenth time is taxing.  I'm a little concerned because I had an ECT treatment just 3 days ago - so I'm hoping my memory will be intact enough that I can answer his questions and provide important information with a clear mind!  I would settle for even somewhat clear...

No comments:

Post a Comment