Welcome!

Welcome to my blog about my life with Bipolar Disorder. For years I have suffered, as have my family and friends with my manic highs and extreme lows. Bipolar Disorder has caused a lot of destruction in my life, and for the first time I finally feel that the combination of therapy, medication, ECT treatments, and unwavering support from my husband, son, family and friends are really pulling me out of the darkness...but, it's been quite a journey and I've learned so much along the way. I am hoping that by sharing some of what I have been through, it might help others with their diagnosis and/or treatment.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Good News!

As promised...a follow-up after meeting my new Psychologist for the first time!

I'm thrilled to let everyone know that I really like my new doctor and felt that all important "click" right away.  It was as if it was meant to be...easy to talk to, but at the same time it really seemed like he truly cared and he gave me great feedback and we actually have a plan!  I've never really participated in intense psychotherapy (talk therapy) before, and I'm looking forward to it...although it's also somewhat scary, I'm certain it won't be easy and I know I will have A LOT of work to do between appointments.

One of the most ironic things is that he is located at the Morgantown Pastoral Psychological Center..so, I really didn't know what his approach would be and I was quite hesitant and nervous.  But, I put my faith in the Lord and wow, I was so amazed...with the doctor of course, but more importantly with how God provided him to me.  It was through some pretty miraculous means that I ended up even knowing he existed. 

I've also been trying to work through some of the depression I've been struggling with..doing more around the house, walking the dogs (or rather them walking me)..still a work in progress, but it's a start and that's a great thing.

Preparing for Jordan's departure on Wed.  We leave for Williamstown tomorrow to spend the evening with him and then go to his departure ceremony on Wed. morning.  Fortunately I see my new doctor the day after, so I'm  hoping and praying that with his help and the help of my family and friends I'll be able to keep from back-sliding too much.  Grief and stress play such a huge role in Bipolar Disorder..so I will need to be very aware!

Will check back in after Wed.  Hope everyone stays healthy..mentally and physically!!

God Bless,
Shawn

1 comment:

  1. Yay for answered prayer. God does move in mysterious ways, doesn't he?

    ReplyDelete