Welcome!

Welcome to my blog about my life with Bipolar Disorder. For years I have suffered, as have my family and friends with my manic highs and extreme lows. Bipolar Disorder has caused a lot of destruction in my life, and for the first time I finally feel that the combination of therapy, medication, ECT treatments, and unwavering support from my husband, son, family and friends are really pulling me out of the darkness...but, it's been quite a journey and I've learned so much along the way. I am hoping that by sharing some of what I have been through, it might help others with their diagnosis and/or treatment.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Testimony

Hi Everyone,

Today Charlie and I joined our church here in Kingwood and as part of that ceremony we were offered the opportunity to give a testimony about what lead us to God, lead us astray, miracles we have witnessed...

I'm not really one to speak about personal things in front of a large crowd of people who are mostly unfamiliar to me, as we attend the smaller, 8:30am service, but I was truly lead to speak and as it turned out it really opened to "gates" and got the ball rolling so to speak.  I never realized how important testimony is - not only on a church level but also a personal level until today, and it was truly amazing!  Following is my testimony that I gave in church today....

"As some of you may know, the past year and half have been very difficult for my husband, for my family and for me on many different levels, but through these difficulties I have found mercy, grace, forgiveness and God’s healing power in so many places...


In the beginning I ignored, and lost sight of what God was trying to do through me, much like someone climbing a mountain…you can focus on how far you have left to go, how each step can be precarious, or you can look up and realize you are one step closer to the summit and while you might stumble, or tire, God’s grace and forgiveness awaits you. It always has…
The first time I mustered up the courage to come into our church, with my head hung rather low I started to take a seat in the back pew…that’s when a very wise man, who happens to be my husband, looked at me and knowing I typically like to sit in the front..said “why are you sitting in the back?” …I said, well, I’m a sinner and I would imagine sinners would sit in the back. He looked at me and said - everyone in here is a sinner, that’s why we have God, and with that we moved to the front.
I would like to thank all of you for making me feel so welcome and I’d like to say thank you to Pastor Jenny and my husband for tirelessly answering all of my theological questions and to my Mother and sister for all they have done to not only help me heal on a physical and emotional and mental level, but also for their help in leading me up the mountain.
It always seemed my heart had a vacant spot in it…now I know why and it feels so good to have a heart occupied by God."

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good words. You, are for sure called to use your words...write, talk...whatever...

    ReplyDelete