Welcome!

Welcome to my blog about my life with Bipolar Disorder. For years I have suffered, as have my family and friends with my manic highs and extreme lows. Bipolar Disorder has caused a lot of destruction in my life, and for the first time I finally feel that the combination of therapy, medication, ECT treatments, and unwavering support from my husband, son, family and friends are really pulling me out of the darkness...but, it's been quite a journey and I've learned so much along the way. I am hoping that by sharing some of what I have been through, it might help others with their diagnosis and/or treatment.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

For Better or Worse

Hello Everyone,

Our seasons are changing here  in Preston County and as a result the leaves are falling and you can smell Fall in the air.  Thinking about the cycle of the seasons, the way the plants die off and then are reborn in the Spring...the way everything looks so hopeless in the Winter...and yet, really it's not all made me think about relationships, specifically marriages. 

In the past couple of years my husband and I have been through so much, me from a medical and legal standpoint and he has supported me through everything.  When I looked hopeless - he saw hope.  No matter what I did to ensure that I wouldn't see another season he never gave up.  He believes (unlike many) that marriage is for better or worse...bottom line..better or worse.  He's a fighter and he taught me to fight and helped me to regain my strength, my dignity, my soul. 

I've been given the miraculous opportunity to regroup and work on being healthy - I'm so thankful for that.  Much like the world regroups one season to another.

So..this struggle is a season, a time to heal, to regroup and to know that the next season will bring change.  Bring it on, I'm ready.

Blessings to everyone!!!!
Shawn

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing. I am in a season of change myself and find it very hopeful and full of adventure and possibility. So, I'm with you. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete